WHS Preseason Newsletter Feb 14 – Updates & Reminders
West Hill Softball Players & Families,
Happy Valentine’s Day! As we prepare for Family Day weekend, we take a week break from evaluations! We have been super-thrilled with the commitment of parents to help volunteer over the past couple weekends – thank you! Here are the updates for this week.
- Try Softball Intro
- Last Chance Rustbuster
- Respect In Sport Reminder
- Upcoming Parents Meeting
- Evaluation Updates
TRY SOFTBALL INTRO – SUNDAY (Sign-ups still open for any new players!)
- Reminder that we are hosting our second and final Softball Intro designed for all NEW players from u7 to u13
- Open to anyone whether or not they are already registered
- We are excited that the legend, Coach Scott, is back to lead this session again!
- Sign-up at: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/351729
- Junior Coaches spots (player volunteers u13+) are going fast: Sign-up here (if it’s full and you still want to attend, email us!)
LAST CHANCE RUSTBUSTER – SUNDAY – SPACES AVAILABLE
- 6:00pm session is now full for u9/u11/u13.
- 7:30pm session has now been opened up for u11 & u13! (they will be run as a separate group)
- Still a few spots in 7:30pm for u15 & HS players
- If you are registered in the 6pm session, but unable to attend or would prefer 7:30pm, please let us know ASAP so we can let others in.
- Sign-up at: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/348119
PARENT CORNER 1: RESPECT IN SPORT
- Have you completed your Respect In Sport yet? This is required by all families!
- Good news, we have a 87% completion rate so far this year!
- Please visit our Respect In Sport page and get this done ASAP!
PARENT CORNER 2: UPCOMING PARENTS MEETING (u9+)
- Date: Tuesday, February 28. Online – 2 weeks away! Sign-in Details will follow.
- MANDATORY for all families who were not part of WHS in 2022
- All returning families are encouraged to attend and find out what’s new for the 2023 season, interact, and ask us questions!
We have made significant progress on our U15 & HS division evaluations this past weekend. Our evaluators were in the gyms over 12 hrs on Saturday & Sunday! A shout out to both Greg & Sabrina Redl and Frank & Kim Formella, our rockstars that made the weekend happen alongside our Board Members, filling any and all gaps where we needed!
- U15 & U17/U19: Round 1 is now complete, as are the Div 1 Call-backs. Stay tuned for further details on any additional call-backs after the long weekend (Feb 25+) and team selections.
- U11 & U13: Evaluations run on the weekend Feb 24-26, with call-backs to follow. Information on specific times will be provided shortly. We hope to provide parents a “Time Preference Survey” to help reduce conflicts.
- U9: Evaluations run on the weekend on Mar 3-5, with call-backs to follow. We hope to provide parents a “Time Preference Survey” to help reduce conflicts.
- Our new 2023 WHS Evaluation Policy has been loaded on our website
Sign-up Late? Have you missed Previous Weekly Updates? Check out our newsletters on our website: WHS News Feed!
Thank you and Happy Family Day week! For those of you heading off on vacation, enjoy!
West Hill Softball
Leave a Comment