What are Evaluations?
Evaluations are indoor sessions that allow WHS organizers understand where player's skills sit to effectively place them on a proper team.
There are NO cuts, ALL players make a team.
What Groups Participate in Evaluations?
- U11 to U19 groups will participate in evaluations
- U9 teams will be selected based on friend requests
- All players, new and past, regardless of level will evaluate
When do Evaluations Occur?
Dates will range from early February until mid-March (prior to Public School Spring Break)
- At these age groups players grow, develop, and change quite a bit from season to season. Annual pre-season evaluations ensure a fair and accurate assessment of a player’s skill in relation to their peers at that given time.
- Players of like skill will be placed together on the same team/division in order to enhance player enjoyment and skill development throughout the season.
How our teams are selected?
- Players are grouped at 3 levels (Division 1, 2, and 3)
- Skill level is the first criteria
- Friend requests are considered where possible within like division levels
Are Friend Requests Considered?
Yes! WHS will do our best to match up friend requests, but cannot guarantee friend placement. Historically we match over 90% of friend requests.
Please note, from our experience, if you are placed on a team with new players, they will make new friends quickly, and don't let this be a barrier of participation.
When will I be notified?
Please be patient for notification of team placement. WHS will select teams, starting with Level 1. All teams and players may NOT be notified of their team placement at the same time.
Who are the Evaluators?
Our evaluators are typically experienced volunteer coaches within our organization.
Do you Consider Previous Performance?
Yes, all coaches are asked to fill out a player performance sheet at the end of each season including comments. This information is used to supplement the spring evaluation process.
Here are the pending Evaluation window dates (as of January 5, 2022)
Due to unknown gym availability and COVID-19 restrictions, we are not able to post specific dates, however, WHS typically attempts to schedule main evaluations dates on Sundays (late afternoon / evening)
AGE CATEGORY - DATES
U7 & U9: No evaluations required.
U17/U19: Approx. Feb 5 - Feb 13
U15: Approx. Feb 25 - Mar 6
U13: Approx. Mar 4 - Mar 13
U11: Approx. Mar 11 - Mar 17
Note: We try to schedule evaluations around both the Family Day holiday weekend and school spring break.
“Play, compete, learn, and have fun!”