RESPECT IN SPORT CERTIFICATION
The Respect in Sport Program is an online certification program designed to protect our youth as well as enhance Calgary Minor Softball of providing a safe and fun environment for all our participants. It is Canada’s leading online bullying, abuse, harassment, and negligence prevention program for parents, coaches, and community leaders.
- COACHES & MANAGERS: Activity Leaders Certification is required by All coaches and managers of each team.
- PARENTS: Parent Certification is required by at least one parent of every registered player
- These courses MUST be completed prior to March 24 for the 2023 Season.
- As of 2023, these course certifications do NOT expire (per Calgary Minor Softball requirements). You are NOT required to recertify after five (5) years.
- NOTE: These courses are supported by the Respect Group Inc. If you have issues with their website or course, please see their contact information at the bottom of this page.
Please Visit the site: https://validation.respectgroupinc.com/
Enter your email address and name to lookup your existing RIS Certificate
Once you have completed your certification course below, please click on the RED button below to submit your RIS Certification Number to us.
You may submit your completed certification from another sport, as long as it is still valid.
The Parent Program helps define a standard of behaviour for all parents and creates a more rewarding, safe and respectful environment for everyone involved. Parents want to do a great job supporting their kids. Respect in Sport provides parents with the tools to do just that.
Provides in-depth information about bullying, abuse, harassment and neglect. It demonstrates negative behaviours and provides ideas of how a situation may be best handled, including valuable information from subject matter experts delivered in a clear and concise fashion, and asks questions of the leaders based on the scenarios presented. Specific topics include: definitions of bullying, abuse, harassment, neglect and discrimination, cyber-bullying, hazing, use of power, emotions, how to respond, reporting, moral and legal issues, and development.
- This program is for Coaches and other Activity Leaders. This program is not for Parents. (The two programs contain different content and must be completed separately.)
- The estimated time to complete this program is 3 hours. You may complete this program at your own pace and convenience.
- This program must be completed in sequential order. Modules will unlock after completion of the previous section.
- Once complete, your certificate is available to view and print from the "Profile" page.
Information from the Respect Group:
When contacting the Help Desk, please ensure you provide clear information about the issue you are experiencing, the governing body which requested you complete the program, and the phone number (including area code) at which you may be contacted.
To contact the Respect Group Inc. Help Desk:
Respect Group Helpdesk Support is available 6 AM to Midnight MST. Support is available by phone, email or live chat::
1. Go to https://calgaryminorsoftballparent.respectgroupinc.com/ and click on Helpdesk Support in the lower left corner of the log in page, or log into the program and click on the Help tab in the banner.
2. Go to support.respectgroupinc.com, and click on Contact Us
3. Call 1-866-956-9791.
4. Email email@example.com
Respect Group takes your privacy seriously. By submitting a request for information by email to a general or specific Respect Group email address, your are consenting to have a representative of Respect Group contact you by email.
“Play, compete, learn, and have fun!”