WHS Coaches of the Year
WHS COACH OF THE YEAR
WHS would like to recognize TWO of our fantastic coaches who stood out this year and were nominated by their team in our recent survey. Our winners for 2022 Coaches of the Year are:
- Scott Springman (Head Coach, u19 Division 2)
Scott has been a coaching fixture at West Hill Softball for many years as a head coach and at various WHS clinics. This year he was able to enjoy a final season with his two daughters on the same u19 team. Here’s what parents had to say: “Scott’s commitment level is top class. He is very inclusive of all players and makes a significant effort to create strong connections with all of his players, not just as ball players, but as human beings too. He always stays positive with his team and you can see just how much he loves to coach every time he is at the diamond.” For everything you have done this year and all-time with WHS, we say #ThanksCoach Scott!
- Tara Barker (Head Coach, u11 Division 3)
Due to unforseen circumstances, Tara became Head Coach by default for her u11 team this season. Despite Tara being new to West Hill Softball coaching and having little additional support, she stepped up for the team and ensured her team’s players had a great season. Here is what parents had to say: “Tara made sure all the girls got equal time. Made sure to spend time with the girls that were upset after a strike out or dropped ball, to emphasize skill development and growth. Results will come.” “Tara was always organized and encouraging. It was great to see a female in the head coach role!” For the way you stepped up this year with compassion for your team, we say #ThanksCoach Tara!
We have so many wonderful coaches in our association, so here are some other honourable mentions that also received multiple nominations:
- Sean Stuart & his coaching team (Head Coach, u13 Division 3). We had multiple commendations on how this team, led by Sean, was run this year. “Sean created a comfortable inclusive environment for all the players right from the beginning. The team had a great atmosphere and my player loved going to all of it.” “Appreciated them being well-organized, incorporating ideas of assistant coaches and being supportive and encouraging of the girls. All the coaches exceeded my expectations.”
- James Carter (Head Coach, u11 & u13 Division 3) “Positive reinforcement, patient, understanding, calm, each gave a girl a compliment which filled their buckets – and they were knowledgeable!”
- Misty Johnson (Co-Coach, u15 Division 2) “Misty is an amazing coach. She brings her love of softball to the field every night! She is able to relay her technical skills in an age appropriate manner. She is loved by all the girls on the team. If she was unable to attend a game, she checked regularly throughout the game to get updates.”
Leave a Comment