2023 Preseason Newsletter – Jan 30
THIS WEEK’S WHS SCHEDULE:
- U17/U19 ID Camps: Saturday 4:00-7:00 @ Absolute
- Invites will be sent via email & TeamSnap by Wednesday
- This is the only evaluation this week for this group, and will once again be focused on Division 1 evaluations
- U15 ID Camp & Evaluations: Sunday 5:30-9:30 @ CFIS
- Invites will be sent via email & TeamSnap by Thusday (we are working around an out-of-town Ringette tournament conflict)
- We have added February 11 (11am-1pm) to this group’s evaluation schedule to accommodate
- Full evaluations are scheduled for February 12
- U11 ID Camp: Sunday, 10:00am-2:00pm @ 4M Facility (by Crossroads Market)
- Notification and invites will be sent out by Thursday to players who indicated an interest in Division 1 upon registration
- 22 players have expressed their interest so far; all other players will receive invites to evaluations later in February
- With ID Camps now in full swing, we are starting to move into the main evaluations for both U15 & High School divisions, which will occur over the next two weekends. Please ensure you make your players available for a minimum of one session. The more times your player can be seen, the better placement we can determine. For those wanting to play in a competitive division, this is essential.
- For u13, u11, and u9 Divisions, outside of Div 1 ID Camps, you will see your Evaluations begin after Family Day, on February 24-26 weekend.
- Why can’t we have any weeknight options? Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find gym times on weeknights right now in our neighbourhoods, and evaluators’ time is limited.
Evaluation schedules (updated today) can be found on our website at: https://www.westhillsoftball.ca/parents/evaluations/
RUSTBUSTER III & TRY SOFTBALL INTRO (Sunday, Feb 19)
- Your WHS Board is working on creating another set of Rustbusters and a second Try Softball Intro day on Sunday of the Family Day weekend (Feb 19). Our first one was a huge success with over 20 new players registered from those sessions alone! Stay tuned for more information as we work to finalize the details of our next preseason clinics.
- Coach Resource Development – First meeting on Tuesday. Interested in joining? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament Volunteers (Coordinators & Helpers): you will see an invite this week to join an Intro meeting about what to expect for our Tourney and how you can help out!
- Our Volunteer of the Week? Randy Mosher who attended both u13 ID Camps on Saturday and helped lead the Rustbusters on Sunday – thank you Randy!
- Questions? email@example.com
- We had another 35 kids go through Rustbusters on Sunday. Thank you to your WHS Coaches that stepped up to help run the sessions (Erin, Randy, Simon, and Ryan)
- We also completed our first round of both u13 & u19 Div 1 ID Camps! Great to see so many fantastic ball players at West Hill Softball. Evaluators are busy getting used to our new Evaluation software, as are the player, of which 99% groaned to have their photo taken!
- Another 61 registrations in the past week has allowed us to hit 300 registrations today! With just 5 days remaining for our initial deadline for u11+, we are still on pace to eclipse last year’s record numbers. Our u15 group is leading the way with 71 registrations, but u13 is right behind at 70!
- Have friends who have not yet registered? Remind them today!
- Our Initial Deadline is this FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3 (u11+ players that register after this deadline will pay $40 late fees and are not guaranteed team placement).
Thank you to everyone who takes time to read the updates and keep informed about upcoming events! It saves us all time in the end.
Still have questions? Ask us!
Leave a Comment