VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
West Hill Softball is recognizing for the first time, a non-coach for their exceptional role as a volunteer this year. As you know, WHS is built 100% on volunteer efforts from parents and this stretches far past the Coaches. Team Managers, Umpires, Scorekeepers, Field prep, and other team roles are all critical to our team’s success. We once again had many nominations from our survey, but our winner is …
West Hill Softball 2021 Volunteer of the Year
On behalf of the entire West Hill organization, congratulations and thank you Sean. Your efforts are best summarized by the comment below:
- Sean was the most positive, supportive and engaged parent I’ve ever volunteered with – on any teams in the past. He was always enthused and showed a great amount of respect for the coaching staff and the players. He always stepped up to help without being asked, and I could always depend on him to help keep us informed, the team up to date on TeamSnap, and ensuring we had a great season. We could not have done it without him!
VOLUNTEER HONOURABLE MENTIONS:
Some other fantastic volunteers also stepped up during the season to help their team’s out and received multiple nominations for their contributions this year. They include:
- Jason Lewis U14 (field prep) “Jason was there for every practice helping with field set up and drills … and when no one else volunteered, he just stepped up and did it anyway.”
- Laura Carter U10 & U12 (Manager) ”She was really the backbone of organizing the team” and “always was cheering on the players”
- Andrea Osmond U10 (manager) – ”lots of great communication from Andrea as our team manager. She made all the new families feel welcome and gave everyone all the info we needed ASAP!”
- Jennifer Semenzin U12 & U14 (manager) ”Kept our team running and was very present and positive and inclusive of all parents”
- Marnie Doig U12 (manager) – ”Always willing to help out with absolutely anything.”
Thank you Jason, Laura, Andrea, Jen, and Marnie for your contributions, and your efforts have not gone unnoticed!
2021 SEASON SURVEY RESULTS & WINNERS
Thank you to the over 100.. yes, 100 survey respondents! Once again, your commitment to the league and providing us the ability to grow is overwhelming. There were a lot of positive reviews, and plenty of constructive ideas on how we can continue to positively grow the program into 2022. We appreciate all the feedback and look to share more information about changes that will be made moving into 2022.
Highlights of our success:
- 82% said they DEFINITELY would return next season and another 15% said YES MAYBE.
- Scored 9.3 (out of 10) would recommend WHS to friends!
- Scored 9.2 (out of 10) said there was great value for the money
The biggest concern from the surveys surrounded the inconsistencies of U10 rules. We have already shared this direct feedback with CMSA, and will be engaged with them further over the winter to see how we can improve the rules and aim for consistency in understanding of the rules for 2022.
And a couple “referendum” style questions include:
- 65% wish to have Porta Potties at WHS fields next year (though half of those prefer just for weekends or if less than $20 on fees)
- 60% hope to have Tiered Registration fees (based on Division level) with 34% undecided.
- 70% have a preference to keep their team together for next season
Based on the responses, WHS Board is now reviewing each of these items to determine how best to implement for the upcoming 2022 season.
SURVEY WINNERS: Jennifer Klassen + Rob Caron
Congratulations to our winners of our $50 registration fee discount, randomly selected from all of our survey responses. We will reach out to you with more details about how to claim this discount on a future registration.
In closing, we like to say one more thank you to everyone for your participation in the 2021 Outdoor Softball season. We hope to see you at our off-season programs or in the spring of 2022! More details about our Fall Clinics will be sent out by this weekend, with registrations opening ASAP.
West Hill Softball Association