WHS 2022 Hits & Spits Tournament Recap
Hi Hits & Spits Tournament Participants!
Here is a quick recap of our fantastic June weekend in Calgary! Thank you to all Volunteers, Umpires, Coaches, Parents, Fans, and Players for making it a very successful and fun weekend! We were truly blown away with everyone's support and engagement this weekend. The commitment from all teams, not just West Hill, truly made the tournament a great experience! Despite the 4 rain storms in two days, we were able to get all our games played by only extending our days by 1 hour. At any time, you can see our tournament recap details on our WHS Hits & Spits Tournament Page
Note: We will be sending this out on the App messages as well, but links can't be included. Please send this along to your team's parent groups, especially for the lost & found!
Send us your photos & Fill out our Survey!
SPECIAL THANK YOU
To these wonderful people:
- Our Tournament Organizers: Brian & Cathy Antaya, Jennifer & Jason Lewis, and Marnie Doig! None of this weekend would have happened without this team’s dedication for the past couple months. This included the food, raffle, porta potties, tents, setup and takedown, registrations, communications... the list goes on and on. This team was present for the entire weekend without rest!
- A special thanks to our friends at the Sarcee Hills Girl Guides who came and volunteered at our tents!
- And not to be outdone, our exceptional field crew led by Craig McDowell. The number of hours this team put in was phenomenal and it showed out on the fields. Thank you also to Mike Semenzin, Mike Forbes, and Steve Downing as part of the core field crew team!
- Finally, thank you to the dozens of other volunteers who sold snacks, raffle tickets, answered questions, and setup
SURVEY - Tournament Survey
Please fill out our Survey and let us know what you liked about the tournament, and how we can make it better in 2023! Survey should take less than 5 minutes.
DIVISION CHAMPIONS RECAP :
All winners have been posted on our Tournament Website as follows:
- U11 = G: Leduc Jets, S: West Hill 4 Fireball, B: West Hill 3 Venom
- U13C = G/S: Medicine Hat & Brooks (game to be played June 29), B: West Hill 2 Battitude
- U13D = G: Strathmore Thunder, S: Foothills Fury Rioux, B: West Hill 7 Raptors
- U15C = G: West Hill 2 Tsunami, S: West Hill Blaze, B: SBR Aftershock
- U15D = G: Maskwacis Jayhawks, S: Sherwood Park Storm, B: Foothills Fury Schlaht
And maybe our favourite part of the weekend, the winners of the Ice Cream Cups and Slushie Cups:
- Ice Cream Cup Winners: U11 = Strathmore Thunders, U13C = West Hill 3 Spice Girls, U13D = West Hill 4 Citrus Slayers, U15C = Lacombe Matrix, U15D = Leduc Jets
- Slushie Cup Winners: U11 = West Hill 5 Devils, U13D = West Hill 5 Wild Cats
RAFFLE RAISES OVER $2000!
We are excited to announce that over 2000 tickets were sold over the weekend for our 13 prizes. And surprisingly, the most popular prize? it was the Movie Night Out! (Followed by Co-op Gift Card, RC Liquor Store, OT Brewery, and Flames Gift Pack. All winners were contacted and prizes received. All our winners have been posted on our website: https://www.westhillsoftball.ca/programs/tournament/
Winners are being contacted today with further details for claiming your prize.
- WHS Group Sessions: (1) w/ Fusion Family Fitness: U13 Spice Girls; (2) w/ Krank Fitness (U13 Battitude)
- Coach/Manager Recognition Prizes = Lee Lischka (U13 Battitude); Prize #2 = Leane Tardif (U11 Red Devils)
- Volunteer Prizes: Mackenzie Olesko (WHS Toque) and Jane McDowell (WHS Blanket), and Jamie Tokarchuk (Picnic Basket)
Send us your photos! If you have some photos you’d like to share that captured the best moments from the weekend, please send to email@example.com
All photos will be displayed on our Tournament Page Gallery.
LOST AND FOUND
Apologies for the late notification of these, but we have many unclaimed items remaining. If you are the owner of any of these items, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a pick-up.
- Blue Men’s size XL Mountain Hardware rain jacket (at Glenbrook fields Sat Jun 18)
- Dodge Ram key and fob with a GYMVMT tag on it
- Lightweight brown microfibre blanket
- Nintendo Switch Hard Shell case
- Clear green plastic Contigo water bottle
- Black plastic United Sport & Cycle water bottle labelled “Jordyn #29”
- Purple steel water bottle with a black bear and the word “randma” on it. Missing the G!
- Small white, red and yellow bouncy ball
- Child sized sunglasses, black with red arms that have white maple leaf and peace symbols
Follow us and stay tuned to our Facebook and Instagram pages to find out the winner of the final gold medal game!
See you next year!
Brian Antaya, President
On behalf of the 2022 Hits & Spits Tournament Committee