West Hill Outdoor Fall Programs - 2023
Selects Competitive Fall Program & Division 1 ID Camps
*How do we differ from Calgary Minor Softball's Saturday Fall Ball?
* Program closer to home (Glamorgan)
* Shorter in length (2.0-2.5 hours only)
* Targeted at our competitive players
* Early introduction to the 2024 age groups
These programs are meant as a compliment and alternative to CMSA's program. You may indeed participate in BOTH sessions.
1. Selects Competitive Fall Program (u11-u19)
Designed for players who want a more competitive program. It will include both instructional practice / skills growth, and live game play each week (pending # of participants).
Groups will be formed at the 2024 AGE GROUPS (see below). This gives an early opportunity for players to meet potential new teammates for the 2024 season.
WHO: All 2023 Division 1 & 2 Players are welcome to participate. (High School u17/u19 open to all experienced players).
Some limited exceptions may be given to the strongest players on Division 3 teams, who are returning to the same age category. (This requires approval from West Hill Softball - please contact).
For most Division 3 players, we recommend Calgary Minor Softball's Fall Ball Program on Saturdays.
WHEN: Sundays (5 weeks): September 3, 10, 17, 24, & October 1
(*All dates are weather pending, and no makeup dates will be provided)
TIMES & AGE GROUPS: Age groups will align with the 2024 Season (this means your player may now be entering a new age group)
- u13: Born 2011-2012, Sundays, 1:00 - 3:30pm
- u15: Born 2009-2010, Sundays, 12:30 - 3:00pm
- u11: Born 2013-2014 = Sundays, 4:00 - 6:00pm
- HS: Born 2005-2008 = Sundays, 3:30 - 6:00pm
LOCATION: Glamorgan Fields (specifics to be sent to registrants). See our Diamond Location page for details.
FORMAT: The 2.0-2.5 hours will be roughly 50/50 between Warm-ups / Instructional Practice and Game Action (Scrimmage / Game)
COACHES: West Hill Softball Experienced Volunteer coaches from the Division 1 & 2 levels
COST: 5 week Program = Only $65 !!!
Notes / Disclaimers:
- We cannot guarantee weather. Credit or refunds will only be provided if 3 or more weeks need to be cancelled.
- WHS reserves the right to change, add, or cancel programs based on number of participants in each group. Participants will be notified and refunded if required.
2. Selects Division 1 ID Camps (u11-u19)
West Hill Softball will be conducting our first ever Division 1 ID Camps this fall, while we can outdoors.
This is your players’ opportunity to be seen by Coaches and Evaluators for potential Division 1 placement next season
Sessions are not mandatory, but highly recommended (it will significantly help enhance our evaluation process)
Division 1 coaches are expected to be involved for these Camps and through our winter programs
All Division 1 and 2 players (or equivalent) from the 2022 season are welcome
Saturday, September 9 (u11 & u15 pending confirmation; alternate Sep 13)
Wednesday, September 13 @ 6pm (u13 & HS)
Saturday, September 16
(Alternate date: Sat, September 23)
u17/u19: 12:00-2:30pm; u15: 3:00-5:30pm; u13: 4:00-6:00pm u11: 2:00-4:00pm*
* u11 time pending CMSA schedule for those weekends (may need to push later if necessary)
Glamorgan Fields (specifics to be sent to registrants). See our Diamond Location page for details.
There will be warm-up, drills, and game-play. Coaching instruction will be provided through the sessions.
West Hill Division 1 Coaches
$15 Minimal fee to cover costs for field rental, organization, and towards Division 1 costs.
Notes / Disclaimers:
- Please expect a rainout date of Saturday, September 23, if required
- We cannot guarantee weather. If all sessions are cancelled, we will refund participants
Other Upcoming Events:
Intro to Softball (Date: TBD)
West Hill would like to offer another opportunity for new players to test out the sport before winter hits! Time and field are TBD, but expected to occur on a weekend in September at Glamorgan.
Indoor Winter Program (Oct+)
More details on this program will be released later in August. As we have done in previous seasons, we will team up with experienced coaches and run Sunday clinics on a bi-weekly basis through the winter. These programs will start after Thanksgiving weekend.