WHS Weekly Update – Team Announcements coming soon
Hi WHS Families,
We have completed evaluations! 8 gruelling weekends for everyone involved. We are so lucky to have such a fantastic group of volunteers, parents, and most importantly, strong players! With the temperature finally rising about freezing today, we look forward to the snow melt and getting onto the fields. Here are the updates for this week:
DIVISION 1 SELECTS TEAM ANNOUNCEMENTS
We are now entering the Team Announcement stage, starting with our Division 1 teams. Be mindful that this is not a simple process, with many moving pieces, and several conversations required with evaluators, coaches, and parents. We expect 35 teams this season! Please be patient as we work through all the announcements sequentially this week for Division 1. Division 2 and 3 teams will be announced by March 31.
Please note that we will not be able to answer all questions about team placements and coaching at this time. So if you don’t receive an answer from us, please accept our apologies, and wait for further announcements. Thank you for your understanding.
If you are planning ahead, note that Division 1 Selects teams for u11+ will have an Indoor Practice time scheduled for this coming Sunday, March 19. Times to be confirmed.
PARENT MEETING RECAP
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Parent Orientation Meeting this past Wednesday. If you missed it and are new to West Hill Softball, please review the material and/or the Recording of the meeting on our website at: https://www.westhillsoftball.ca/programs/2023-season/
If you have any questions based on the presentation, please do reach out to us.
TIMBITS PARENT MEETING DATE CORRECTION – April 11
Please note that the Timbits u7 Parent Meeting is actually Tuesday, April 11 at 7:00pm. This meeting is expected be in person (To be confirmed). It was incorrectly stated as the 7th on the previous email. Deadline to register is this Friday, so please tell your friends/family to register quickly!
REMINDER OF REGISTRATION PAYMENT COMING FRIDAY (March 17)
A friendly reminder for those that made their installment payment of $75 upfront at registration, the remaining portion of the payment will be processed this Friday, March 17. If your method of payment has changed since the initial payment, you will be required to go into TeamSnap on Friday and make the payment directly for us.
WHS SPRING BREAK
West Hill Softball will be taking a break from the fields from Monday, March 20 through Friday, March 31. Indoor practices will start up in early April, with potential opportunities for all teams to sign-up for practice times.
KEY UPCOMING DATES
- March 20: Coach Orientation Meeting (Online) Invites to anyone who signed up for coaching will be sent out closer to date.
- April 1-8: Equipment Handout (@SCA)
- Sun, April 9: Easter!
- Tue, April 11: Timbits U7 Parents Meeting
- Sun, April 16: Coach Skills Session (in person)
- Fri, April 21: Team Photo Night (@ SCA)
- Sat, April 22: Opening Day – Timbits
- Sat/Sun, April 29-30: Opening Weekend u9+
KEY CONTACTS FOR THE SEASON:
We did forget to show the key contacts at the end of our presentation on the meeting. So here are some email addresses to keep in mind as we navigate through the season.
- Calgary Minor Softball (Kathy W): email@example.com
- General Info (Brian & team): firstname.lastname@example.org
- President (Brian): email@example.com
- Vice-President (Jennifer): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Questions (Rachel & Marnie): email@example.com
- Timbits Coordinator (TBD): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Field/Gym Inquiries (Nicole): email@example.com
- Equipment Request/Return (Craig M): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conflict Resolution Coordinator (Shireen): email@example.com
- Jerseys (Cathy): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tournament (TBD): email@example.com
Leave a Comment